TOP 10 BLOGGING PLATFORM
We presenting Top 10 Blogging platforms. There are many blogging platforms. So today It is very difficult to choose the best blogging sites.
You may have many reasons to Start Blogging.
You may want to share your knowledge, Practice your writing, establish your brand or use blogging as a marketing tool to increase your site traffic, and Build an online presence. This is a great way to get in touch with like-minded people.
After start blogging to everyone have a common question in their mind which is a good platform to start a blog on.
There are many choices for blogging platforms. You may have challenges to choose a suitable platform for blogging.
So don’t worry you are in right place to solve your problem. We will help you to choose the right blogging platform for yourself; very first we will tell you what blogging is? , and then we talk about the top 10 blogging platforms with their pros and cons.
Ready? Let’s get started…
WordPress.org is a popular and well-known blogging platform.
You may easily confuse between WordPress.org with WordPress.com, WordPress.com is a blog hosting service. See our guide difference between the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
WordPress.org is an open source based on the content management system allows you to build your blog or website on your own. It is self-hosted and it powers more than 30% of websites present on the internet.
- Very flexible – WordPress gives you full control over every particular part of your site.
- You can grow your blog or website and extend the features like forums, online store, and membership and many more choices to it.
- Highly extendable – you can add almost any functionality through plugins.
- The WordPress directory has over 54,000 plugins.
- A responsive platform, it means this platform is a search engine friendly and works well with all social media.
- It has a large community means lots of support options.
- Managing your own website comes with a bit of learning curve.
- You are responsible for your own site for backups and security.
There is another platform on our list of the best blog sites based on the content management system. It is also a self-hosted solution, which means you will need a need a domain name and web hosting service to use it.
- Joomla is very powerful and flexible than other platforms.
- It can be used to build more than a blog.
- Hundreds of professional templates to make your stunning blog or website.
- Lots of available extensions (apps for your Joomla) to add more features and functionality.
- You have to be a little techy about going through Joomla, it requires some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Joomla community is much smaller than other WordPress community, so there are fewer themes and add-ons than for WordPress.
- Just like WordPress you have to maintain your own backups, updates, and security.
WordPress.com is blog hosting offered by Automatic, a company created by WordPress.org co-founder Matt Mullenweg.
You can get a blog website for free with basic features. If you want advanced functionality like custom domain name, additional storage, and other premium services that you need to opt for one of their paid plans.
- Very easy to set up – just create an account and follow the installation process.
- You don’t have to worry about site maintenance and security everything is done for you.
- Professional and dedicated support on paid plans.
- The free account is very limited, for example, your blog is hosted on a subdomain.
- Limited monetization opportunities, you are not allowed to advertise in lower plans.
- You can lose the site if you disobey the terms and services of the platform.
Medium is a distributing stage established in 2012 by one of the general population behind Twitter. The medium has grown into a community of bloggers, writers, journalists, and experts.
Moreover, medium comes with an ability to write blog posts, it also comes with limited social networking functions.
You can comment on other people’s comment and like it (likes are called “claps” on medium). The audience is built into the platform.
- Just sign up and you are ready to blog.
- Medium is easy to use, you don’t require any setup and no coding skills.
- You will have a great user interface and elegant writing experience in this platform.
- This platform provides an environment where you can focus solely on writing instead of designing a website.
- Monetization options are absent.
- Medium controls over your content and audiences, so losing your blog means losing your all followers.
- There is no way to transfer your audiences from medium to any other platform.
You can say it’s a modern version of WordPress. It’s also available on hosted and self-hosted version.
- Focused on blogging and writing.
- Clean, clutter-free and minimal user interface.
- No setup required for the hosted version.
- Not easy to customize with apps.
- Minimal user interface it means limited configuration and customization options.
- Not enough themes to change the appearance of your site.
- If you install it yourself, may be complicated for you.
Squarespace is a website building platform. It is a simple drag-and-drop website builder which is aimed at small business owners.
This platform is suitable for who are looking for an easy way to create an online presence. It also has blogging features which are the reason why it’s the among the best blogging platform.
- Simple to use and familiar with the non-technical person.
- It has beautiful professional design templates.
- It provides custom domain name ready with SSL encryption.
- Can build an online store.
- 24/7 online support.
- Users are only allowed to the limited features of Squarespace.
- You just have 20 pages and two contributors to your personal plan.
- Not so much integration with third-party services and tools.
Wix is another platform which is similar to Squarespace. It is hosted platform.
It also has features of drag and drop and comes with blogging ability to add your site.
- You can optimize your site with a dozen templates and third-party services.
- Easy to setup and use.
- You do not require any coding skills, just drag and drop.
- The free plan is limited and Wix showing their branding and adds on your site.
- Once you choose a template you cannot change it.
- Limitations of free third-party apps.
- In the free plan, you have limited E-commerce feature.
Weebly is a self-hosted website making platform. It works on a drag and drops feature. This platform comes with lots of ready to use themes that you can use to customize your website or blog.
- Easy-to-use and drag and drop platform for a non-technical person.
- Quick and easy setup.
- You can take a free ride before buying this.
- Built-in features are limited, so you are not able to add more features.
- You maybe face difficulties to transfer your site from Weebly to another platform.
If there is one platform which is easier than on other platforms, it is Blogger. It is a free blog hosting service. It was established in 1999 and obtained by Google in 2003.
With this stage, a client can simply type their content, include photographs, and publish. Blogger also gives a feature to users to edit HTML and add widgets to blog, which many blogging sites for beginners do not offer.
- Sign up easily with your existing Google account
- Free to use and setup only takes a minute
- Tumblr takes care all about Security, Hosting, and Maintenance.
- It has the advantage of Google’s tracking and anti-comment spam measures.
- Basic Blogging tools and you cannot add additional features.
- Updates and new features absent.
- Blogger will display advertisement on your blog.
At last, Tumblr is among the best blogging sites. It is a microblogging platform.It enables clients to post media and other content to a short-structure blog.
Tumblr comes with social networking features including following others blog, built-in-sharing tools, and more.
- Free and very easy to use setup and use.
- Easy to publish multimedia e.g videos, images, GIFs and audio.
- Many designs choices and they are easy to use.
- Tumblr comes with a limited set of features that you cannot extend as your blog grows.
- Backing up your Tumblr blog and importing it to other platform is difficult.
Which of These Best Blogging Sites is Right for You?
These are all the Best Blogging sites we have discussed above. Therefore, you can see you have options, but some are better than others.
It depends on you which platform is best for you based on your skills set and what you want from your blog.
Personally, my pick for best blogging site goes to the self-hosted WordPress.org blog. I don’t seem that it can’t fulfill your need to make the best blog site.
Try not to waste any additional time; get your blog fully operational today with WordPress.